Monday, September 19, 2011

emmys, duh.

the Emmy red carpet was on fire tonight!  The evenings leading ladies were decked out in jewel tones, shimmer and lots of RED!  Some did it right and as always other missed the mark.  Seriously.  Here are my faaaavorites, and ... the others :) 

evan rachel wood: elie saab & fred leighton

She did the classic Hollywood bombshell look perfectly- so  polished!  Total movie star hair and makeup too.  Bravo.

naya rivera in noir

I totally dig the shape and folding at the top of this gown and the pockets kept it fresh and young for the glee star.  so CHIC

julie bowen in oscar de la renta

Obviously we live for all things Oscar, but let me just say now that I am obsessed with the plunging neckline trend of the evening.  I'm a sucker for a good sternum, and this dress offered the perfect shape with just the right amount of bling. 

aubrey plaza in juan carlos bando

The soft ethereal feel of this dress and just does it for me!  It falls perfectly on her and I've also always been a fan of the double time bangles, especially in gold.  Such a simple sophisticated twist.  The red lip and soft curls top it off, loves!

kristen wiig in zac posen

WE love ZAC!!  The color combo here is to DIE for.  The draping is perfect, it fits here like a glove and again with the plunging neckline, hello!!  Everyone got the red lip right tonight too!!  Even her hair color and style are on point, so impressed.

lea michele in marchesa

Lea Michele and Marchesa rarely disappoint me.  Whats not to love here?  Lea is so timeless and elegant in this red.  The shoulder detail is different, but not an overkill to me.  I think its just enough to make it stand out and be memorable!  She continues to make amazing choices on the carpet and does so with such poise!  go on girl

claire danes in oscar de la renta

Mr. De la Renta gets double kudos tonight!  The colors here are so striking I have to say this is my favorite.  Its just beautiful, seriously wearable art.  Oscar knows how to do shimmer and sequin in THEE classiest way.  Oh how i love !!  Claire gets best dressed from stylelush xoxo

Because its just not as fun unless you mention the bad:

christina hendricks

I'm sure a lot of people enjoyed this jewely number but I just thought the white and silver were toooo light for her fair skin and the only thing that stood out was her mouth!  nah ill pass

amy poehler

Holy shiny blue rubber armor suit!!  Too tight, too shiny, too blue, too much!  No thanks. The sleeves are like, sticking to her arms!  I can't deal, moving on..

julianna marguiles

I love her and I love Armani Prive, but the top half of this dress was just too space suit-ey.  Clearly I don't like gowns that remind me of Halloween costumes.  Also, I'm not usually  a fan of plain white.  I can hang with sequins, beading,  and lace, but white alone reminds me of prom, or Davids bridal. 

oliva munn

Again, she is such a doll but this fabric , the color and the little waist tie just looked inexpensive and unimpressive.  I guess it was almost too "young" for me and didn't look polished or regal in aaaany way.  poo.

tara j henson

Saved the best worst for last!  Side ponytail loop thingy?  Please don't.  This dress does nothing for her va va voom figure, nor does the color.  It looks drab and doughty on her which is upsetting because it may have been great on someone else and she is such a sass.  BOO on THIS.  Next time she needs a jewel tone and a fitted bodice.  duh. 

xoxo stylelush

No comments:

Post a Comment