Tuesday, August 13, 2013

MUSE

Took a hiatus from the blog-- and now I'm back: new website, new logo, yes!!

It seems like forever ago since this show, but none the less this show was one of our FAV's and I HAVE to share all the amazingness--

Muse came to me when I decided I wanted to change up the typical "runway" style of my shows, and most fashion shows, and create a more lengthy and entertaining show that catered to the venue.  I decided I wanted models in all four corners of the room and I decided having an artist (that I styled, of course), doing live art renditions of my looks would be the cherry on the cake!  I needed a theme that had four parts, and with the teams help, MUSE, based on the four elements, was born.


FIRE

Mia, our fire,  was inspired by fierce red beauty.  I wanted her to look statuesque, strong and wild!   Peplum blouse and slack, H&M Form Shops, Las Vegas, platform, Rachel Zoe.  Custom headpiece made by the amazing Makeup by Bri!




WATER






Lucy was the perfect wave.  This look was really inspired by my depiction of water as a gentle gorgeous flowing being.  Super ethereal and chic-- Hair and makeup guru Melissa dreamed up a boat in her hair, and the rest is history. 
Dress by Top Shop (Las Vegas collection), Jewelry available at Scoop NYC, Forum Shops.  Custom made ship headpiece. 

EARTH



Only someone as fierce as Elissa could pull off the strength and agility I imagined the element of Earth to be. And antlers just seemed to be the natural prop for this look.  
Skirt, blouse, fur jacket and necklace H&M, Forum Shops Las Vegas

AIR




One of the most fierce elements, I wanted air to own it, like a boss that can't be held down.  This outfit screamed sexy and strong, and I love it.  Blouse, skirt, jacket and jewelry- Scoop NYC, Forum Shops.  Bootie, H&M Form Shops. 

Last but CERTAINLY not least, the muse, Sara, our artist.  Handmade train I recycled from a bridal gown, painted by Sara.  Leggings, American Apparel





My hair and makeup team, Brianne Stephens, Melissa Ferreira, and Andrea Killingsworth hit it out of the PARK with this show.  These looks wouldn't have come alive without their incredible visions. I felt like I just complimented what they brought to the table.  So blessed to be able to share my dreams with them and all of you who enjoy our work and come out to see it.  What an incredible night!  Thanks to all my models, and to the Light Group for your continued support!  

Mia and Sara

 the team! Drea, myself, Brianne, Melissa


Myself and Lily's marketing director, Nick Gold.  

xoxo 'iliki 


No comments:

Post a Comment