Tuesday, January 27, 2015

SAGS!!

I'm so excited about this red carpet season!  Some of the looks are so stellar and there are some consistent stand outs ( emma stone cough cough) and I'm so excited !!

The SAGS for me was about redemption.  I was super happy to see that some of my worst dressed from the golden globes came through and knocked it out the park this time !  It's like they heard my cries!!  With that said-- here they are!


BEST!


Rosamund Pike in Dior Haute Couture and fred leighton jewels
I have to say I hated her golden globe dress-- but I also didn't know that she had just had a baby five weeks prior.  This reads flirty fun and fabulous.  The hair and makeup is flawless and everything overall is SUCH an improvement!

Sofia Vergara in Donna Karan atelier
Usually I barely notice her on the carpet because she is always in the same old structured mermaid situation.  This time I love that she took a little bit of a turn and gave us something different!  Her body looks amaze and I love the change!

Emma Stone in Dior Haute Couture
SLAYING!!!  She has been killing it for me!!  This is beyond gorgeous.  I love it HEAD to toe.  I love that it's unexpected, chic and just stunning!  The colored lip was a major trend on the carpet and she did it perfectly!

NOT MY FAV!


Laverne Cox in Johanna Johnson
ugh. The fabric choice, the shape, the cut, the hair its just ALL wrong.  

Amy Poehler in Jenny Packham
I really wanted to enjoy the fact that this is something different for  Amy-- but it wasn't something good.  The sparkle and the silhouette just aren't fitting for her body.  It 's a little prom ish and just all around not glam. 

Rashida Jones in Emanuel Ungaro
SO hard for me to say this because I love Brad G. with all my heart but ugh this is like a beach maxi turnt up.  I just don't love the print (its so casual ) and the hair.. it's just not enough!!

HONORABLE MENTION:


Kiera Knightley in Erdem
This is how you do maternity Kiera!  The empire waist is a perfect style for her beautiful belly, and the color looks amazing on her skin.  I love her makeup and she's glowing for sure

Jennifer Aniston in vintage John Galliano and Fred Leighton jewels
Again,  her golden globes look was so totally drab for me that this was a full on step in the right direction.  She did a color other than black and even a little jewelry and texture! Im all about it!

Emmy Rossum in Giorgio Armani Prive
Any women that has a gorgeous old Hollywood glam moment on a major carpet I totally have love for!  The overlay is gorgeous and all around she totally shined. 


No comments:

Post a Comment