Tuesday, September 24, 2013

emmys (better late than never)

So yes I watched the carpet.  Yes I sat through what I could of the show. But I also watched the full fashion report AND the Fashion Police special before coming to my final decisions.  (Drum roll please)

BEST DRESSED: ( in ascending order)

Claire Danes in Armani Prive
Barely there, dainty, feminine and gorgeous.  I just LOVE, and to me she's always a stand out on the carpet.




Rose Byrne in Calvin Klein Collection 
No one had much to say about this look good or bad but I love.  I love how she kept it young and fresh incorporating the HUGE crop top trend right now.  Blush was def the color of the night and she made it oh so cool.  Love her hair as well . 




Allison Williams in Ralph Lauren and Fred Leighton jewels
I mean seriously when she walked up to interview pre show I thought WOW. This is simple and elegant, done to perfection.  I love the color (another trend of the evening) but what really kept my attention was the styling.  Her jewelry had a vintage cool feel and her shoes were super hot and sexy.  The whole package really took this seemingly simple dress to the next level.  Just stunning!!

NOT BEST :

Anna Faris in Monique Lhuillier
Ugh. So washed out.  Everything looked yellow.  Pretty gown, but not on her and not with that hair.  And the gecko broach on the back, NO!


Lena Dunham in Prada
I hate saying anything negative about our fav Girls star but it just wasn't her.  Too much dress for the pint size comic.  Sorry, Prada.

Zosia Mamet in Honor

Fashion Police had a field day with this one and I had to agree!  I love that she said it was custom made for her and yet it was on the runway, first off.  It was also too long, styled sloppily and most of all the leather bandeau on the chest-- what???  NO NO and NO. 

Do we agree???

xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment