Saturday, January 1, 2011

for the girl on a budget!

I was chatting with a girlfriend and she expressed how much she enjoys reading celebrity fashion advice but that sometimes its hard to relate to where the glitterati send the "average" girl to shop.  I.e. We aren't at Barneys every day and our closets aren't exACTly full of Chanel.  I try to always keep my must haves on an obtainable level for the woman on a budget but I thought I'd make it super easy this time so I've compiled a must have and CAN have comparison for my favorites from sjp's Halston heritage line featured right before this post.  Scroll down and remind yourself.  In other words, you don't have to splurge and you can still get the look..
Take Notes :)

The first look was a crossover short dress for $295
Here's the must GET version:

Grecian metallic by rare opulence
topshop.com $50

2nd look was a mesh jersey one shoulder black mini for $295  Here's the must get:
velour one shoulder mini
forever 21 $18

It's still super sexy and a quarter of the price.  I'm loving the velvet trend right now and this dress does it perfectly.


3rd look was a to die for pleated chiffon gown priced at $895.  My alternative is short, but more ideal for the everyday girl's agenda:

tiered pleated mini
forever 21 $23

Next look, the jersey mesh jumpsuit at $395.  So vintage, which is hot right now with the 1970' s throwbacks for spring .  Here's my go GET it pick:


tan cut out slinky jumper
topshop.com $55

Lastly, sjp wore a basic striped top priced at $195.  And now, the look for less :


"keep me company" top
modcloth.com $40


Now go get em my style minions!!!

xoxo stye lush

No comments:

Post a Comment