Wednesday, November 27, 2013

effie's effing fabulous!

Tonight, after diligently re reading Catching Fire, I took my step daughter to the three hour movie and WOW.  For anyone who has READ the series, I think one will agree the special effects alone made this second installment so much more satisfying than the first !  I will not ruin anything else for those who haven't seen it yet but I will say that I was sooo impressed with Effie's wardrobe this time around.  So much so that I picked my top three to share!  (spoiler alert)

Costume designer, Trish Summerville took to the designer runways this time around and I had to ooh and aah at every look-- can we say MCQUEEN!

1.  Alexander McQueen Spring 2011: The Butterfly dress 


Made with hand painted feathers this look was structured perfection-- as if we would expect anything from the amazing McQueen

2. Alexander McQueen Autumn Winter 2012


OMG When Effie stepped out in this, I gasped!  The collection is reminiscent of petals and the delicate layers of fabric are just pure beauty!!

3. Alexander McQueen Autumn Winter 2012

Similar to the dress above, and from the same collection, this just screams feminine, dainty and over the top gorgeous !!  I dieeeeee
and can we just get an amen for the shoe!

Alexander McQueen is never less than extraordinary and Effie Trinket wore it perfectly. 
Odds were totally in her favor 
xx





No comments:

Post a Comment